31. Although apparently rigid, bones exhibit a degree of elasticity that enables the skeleton to withstand considerable impact.
32. That xenon could not from chemical compounds was once believed by scientists.
33. Research into the dynamics of storms is directed toward improving the ability to predict these events and thus to minimize damage and avoid loss of life.
34. The elimination of inflation would ensure that the amount of money used in repaying a loan would have the same value as the amount of money borrowed.
35. Futurism, an early twentieth-century movement in art, rejected all traditions and attempted to glorify contemporary life by emphasizing the machine and motion.
36. One of the wildest and most inaccessible parts of the United States is the Everglades where wildlife is abundant and largely protected.
37. Lucretia Mott’s influence was so significant that she has been credited by some authorities as the originator of feminism in the United States.
37. Lucretia Mott’s的影响巨大，所以一些权威部门认定她为美国女权运动的创始人。
38. The activities of the international marketing researcher are frequently much broader than those of the domestic marketer.
39. The continental divide refers to an imaginary line in the North American Rockies that divides the waters flowing into the Atlantic Ocean from those flowing into the Pacific.
40. Studies of the gravity field of the Earth indicate that its crust and mantle yield when unusual weight is placed on them.